Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scanning

It took me forever to get two slides scanned this morning. Let's see, do I need a new scanner, or do I need to practice more? I've had this scanner for at least ten years. It does a good job, but has always been very slow and kind of "klunky" to use. I do have quite a few slides I would like to get scanned and store, and a new one would be nice. Something to think about.


************************************


Click on images for a larger version






Here are two pencil drawings I did in the past. I once entered the rodeo drawing in the County Fair, and the judge said it was "too clean looking". I notice that I made notes on some of my slides that the piece sold, and some of them even have the name of the purchaser. I have no idea what happened to these two drawings.

I vowed I would not listen to the Republican convention, and for most of the speeches, I did have the "mute" button on. But I was kind of interested in hearing what Sarah Palin had to say. Well, she is a politician through and through, and knows what she is doing. I think she could be a good vice-president if McCain gets elected.

I couldn't help but laugh at some of the convention-goers. I can't imagine appearing in public dressed in a red furry hat, or some of the other outlandish costumes I saw. They looked like they were having a great time, chanting and waving their signs. Me, I'd rather eat barbed wire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love you ARt.. You sure can capture your People. what do you have for sale? nancy smith