Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday September 11

Here are two photos I took from Barrie's dog lot, which is a short ways beyond Soda Lake. The sun was just going down, and the color was beautiful. The big rock is beside the road, and the quakies are stunted, but I think they are beautiful.

The horses are pastured around the dog lot, and the light was so pretty as the sun was going down. I guess that's why they call sunup and sundown "the magic moments".

Click on photos for a larger version



*****************************************

I guess this is going to be a very lazy day. It is almost noon, and I'm not even dressed yet! What a wonderful, relaxed feeling!

I have been moving photos from the memory cards in my cameras to the hard drive. I try to delete the bad ones as I go, but I need to go through them again. I try to do this once a month, then format them so only one month's worth of pictures is on the card. Then I will back up to the external drive.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new scanner. Then I can get on with the job of scanning slides and organizing them.

I ordered a more complete set of pastel pencils. I'm not sure now what brand they are, but they will fit my pencil sharpener and I can keep them sharp. My old, small set of pastel pencils were large, and the only way I could sharpen them was with a knife and a piece of sandpaper.

I am trying to help Barrie upload some pictures to her web site for her sled dog kennel. They were taken with a HP Photosmart digital camera. I copied them to my hard drive, and am using Photoshop to edit them. The web site will not accept them if they are over 30 KB. When I resize them, I find they are all 300 dpi. I change that to 72 dpi, then try to get the file size down to under 30 KB, and it is not working for me. The other photos of that web site are about 350 pixels along one side, but when I try to resize Barrie's pictures to those dimensions, they are still way over 30 KB. I end up being frustrated and confused with all the KB's and pixels and dpi's, and quit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PERHAPS the problem with sizing the photos is with the camera. Barrie may have it set for too high quality or resolution. Just for this job she might try taking a look at where that setting is and turn it down, then you would be able to make the size small enough in the program. My daughter's photos are HUGE, and they won't go onto my blog - tried one of yellowstone falls she sent, and it's just too big. I have some info about size photos for web pages, but haven't looked at them for a while. It befuddles me too, but it might be most simple to take a look at what the camera is doing. Also google it - ? Should be a good set of instructions somewhere out there. She will have to take the photos over. Don't know if this will be helpful or not. Love, Lynn