Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday, Sept. 3

Something differnt

This is what I did in the art group this morning at Rendezvous Pointe. I think maybe I needed a break from mountains, skies, trees, and lakes. It's not a serious painting, and I had fun doing it.

**********************************
I have been thinking about the photos of old drawings that I don't have on my computer, so I got the boxes of old slides from the closet and looked through them. I found the ones I was looking for, plus more. I must have scanned some of them at one time, but they must have been lost when my hard drive crashed. So it looks like I will be busy scanning slides for a while. I also have more slides that I should do while I am at it. Then I will have it all taken care of, store them on my hard drive and the back up drive, and probably put them on CD's.

I just wish I could come up with a good way to organize them. Right now, they are mostly organized by date. I have tried putting them in files for mountains, wildlife, landscape, etc., but that really isn't working for me.

Several years ago, I went through old photograhs and slides, and really cleaned house. I threw out a lot. When a box of slides contains 36 photos of deer on a hillside in the snow, and none of them are very good, it didn't bother me at all to throw them out.

No comments: