Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Sept. 24

Click on images for a larger view
Corrals in the Moonlight

Kokopelli Still Life

I enjoy converting color images to black and white. There are so many things you can do with them in the way of contrast, tones, and other adjustments. I used to take a lot of black and white pictures when I had my film 35mm cameras, and had a darkroom. Doing it on the computer is so much faster, no smelly chemicals, and no wasted paper when it doesn't turn out right.

The photo of the corrals was taken on South Pass, and it was not at night. I converted it to black and white, and just kept messing with it until I thought it looked like a moonlit night.

***************************



This is one of the slides I scanned recently. On the slide, it says "Fremont Peak". I have no idea when or where I took it. It almost looks like an aerial photo. I have flown over the mountains a couple of times in a small plane, but I don't see any more slides that look like I took them from a plane.

*********************************************

I made some progress on the watercolor of the old cabin in the art group this morning. I can't keep myself from wanting to paint every log and all the details.

Vicky is going to Alaska next week to visit family, and Dick and Nancy are making a trip to Hawaii. I wish them all a safe trip and hope they have a wonderful time.

**********************************************

No comments: