Thursday, September 25, 2008

Saved the Kielbasa

Left Overs:
Sally asked me the other day about the Kielbasa I was cooking in the crock pot. Sorry, Sally. Mine turned out gross, and I guess yours did too! Today I fished the Kielbasa out of the mess, and browned it in a skillet. I then made some noodles flavored with mustard, Italian seasoning, garlic, and grated Parmeson. I put the Kielbasa in the noodle mixture, and think I have something worth eating now!! Also took some carrots out of the fridge that were starting to get old, and have cooked carrots to go with the noodles. Ahhh - a meal fit for a Queen!

***********************************

I have taken my stack of old cottom diapers upstairs to start washing windows. They are so dirty,(the windows, not the diapers) and now that the sun is lower, it shines right on them, and they really look bad. I guess most of the diapers have worn out, but I found some floursack dish towels somewhere, and they work pretty good too. Lynn and Judi mentioned a special cloth they use on windows that works great. Maybe one of them will give me the information on it.

I think I have about 250 slides scanned, and about 150 left to go. I'm so glad I sorted them out several years ago and got rid of so many.

Click on images for a larger view. A young Great Horned Owl, or maybe a Long Eared Owl?


Barrie and I were talking about Kasey's nappping habits, and other kids. I remember both Tracy and Barrie would go to sleep anywhere if they were tired - no matter what was going on. I think I had been to Meadow Lake taking pictures on this day, and Barrie just went to sleep standing up in the back seat of the Jeep.


Feeding at Murdocks

**********************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynn got her cloth from Melita who got it in Switzerland. Mine is a "Microfiber Cleaning Cloth" made by Metropolis. it came in a set of 3 cloths for about $7.00. I only found it at Home Depot. I also use a sponge cloth (found in waiting area for oil change at Walmart). It is great for the first swipe & then the microfiber for drying. JAM