Friday, September 19, 2008

Scanning Slides

I started scanning the slides in the plastic pages this morning. I think they are in better shape than the ones I had stored in the storage cases. I haven't seen any flares on the corners yet. So maybe the plastic is better than I thought it was. Archival, is that the word I want?

Each page has 20 slides, and I only got one page done this morning. I find that I was somewhat organized way back when I put the slides in the pages. One page has all flowers, another page old buildings, another page kids, etc.

I also find that I don't have very many pictures of Tracy. When she was small, I didn't have a good camera, just a little Instamatic. Then she grew up and went away to college and a job, and wasn't here for me to photograph. I do have some of her high school years, though.

I have some new albums with archival pages, and want to move my prints from the old albums to new ones. There are more pictures of her in the albums.

Here are a few slides I scanned this morning:
************************************
Click in images for a larger view.
One spring we drove up Skyline Drive, and found this "Snow Family", a very buxom mom, a baby, and a bearded father. What fun the people must have had building these!


The last several years I taught kindergarten, Cris Paravicini brought me a setting hen for the classroom. This is one brood that hatched. They were so much fun, and the kindergartners will probably remember it all their lives. We were usually successful, but one year we had a hateful old hen who broke up her nest just before the chicks were ready to hatch. Not a pretty sight., and I'm sure the kids in that class will remember it forever too.

Another old building, (outhouse) in the Daisy Pass area north of Cook City, Montana. This was old mining country, and there were lots of old buildings left. I'm not sure, but I think maybe most of them were destroyed by the big Yellowstone Park fire.

I found another picture of the old house I posted before that I wasn't sure of the location. This picture was taken from a different angle, and the Tetons are in the background. So now I know for sure where it was. I haven't yet seen any pictures of the often-photographed old barns on Mormon Row, and wonder why I didn't take any pictures of them?

*****************************

Judi wondered if the toy in the toilet was one she had given Kasey. Yes, Judi, I'm afraid it is good old Buzz Lightyear. I'm not sure what to do with him. I doubt that he would go through the washing machine very well. Right now he's laying in the bottom of the bath tub. And after seeing the picture I took of the toilet stool, I decided I needed to clean it today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duene, Just rinse old Buzzy Boy off, pat him dry, and stick him in the freezer for two days. I promise there won't be any germs left alive. Betty

Anonymous said...

What a good idea from Betty. Clever. But....you are welcome to toss him. I would give you another one (believe me, I have plenty), but you'd have to wait until next summer. JAM