Monday, September 22, 2008

Rainy Monday

Click on images for a larger view
Yellow and Green

We went to Hogle Zoo years ago. Barrie wanted a balloon, and for some reason (can't remember why now), I said "no". Tracy stepped in and lectured me and said she should have one, so Barrie got her balloon. As you can see from the picture, she was very happy with it.

**************************************

I love rainy days! It has rained all day, sometimes harder than other times. I just noticed the garage roof has some slush on it, so I guess it must have snowed a little bit. No wind yet, but it is starting to come up. The leaves from the cottonwood trees behind the house are really coming down.

I scanned another sheet of slides this morning. I am a slow learner, but today it occured to me that I can be editing four images in Photoshop at the same time the scanner is scanning the next four. It saves a lot of time.

I haven't yet taken any drives to take pictures of the fall colors. If this rain turns into snow and wind, I may be too late. The quakies out my window haven't turned colors yet.

If you remember, I spent over $350 to have two cats spayed. One of them has not been around for quite a while now. I haven't given up all hope on her yet, but she was almost always here to eat in the mornings. So I suppose the little bobtail cat I have left is now my $350 cat!

1 comment:

Lynn's Lines said...

When my kids were little, I didn't think so at the time, but I said no too often. We lived in a quiet small town, good for kids to grow up there. We went to the store (me single mom, and 2 little girls) and there was a boy skating to the store with his mom walking and he was just having the time of his life. I indignantly thought "I would NEVER let my kids skate to the store". and soon thought what an awful thought that was. I've remembered it the rest of my life How we squash the joy out of so many things for our kids. I was more careful about that afterwards.
Love and hugs, Lynn