Friday, September 5, 2008

Two more from the slide box

Two more I scanned this morning:
Click on images for a larger version

I spent a lot of time scanning two more slides. The chickadees are in pastel. It was about 15 x 24. I gave it to an aunt, and she had it for years. Family remembers it hanging in her house after she moved to Texas, but no one seems to remember what happened to it or where it is now.

The roses are watercolor, 8 x 10. I tried several times to paint roses on watercolor greeting cards last winter, and they were all a dismal failure. I don't know where this painting is, either.

**********************************

I did it!! - - - I ordered a new scanner. If I am going to make it through these boxes of slides, I had to have something better. The one I ordered will scan four slides at one time, has some new kind of light that doesn't need to warm up, so it will be much faster. After spending all that time scanning just two slides this morning, I wanted to scan a VCR cover to make an insert for a DVD case. I got the dreaded message from the scanner "has encountered a problem and will have to shut down". I tried starting it again, and all it did was hum. I turned it off for a while, and maybe it is working now. At this rate, I won't live long enough to scan my slides unless I get new equipment!

***********************************

Barrie and Kasey are coming tomorrow, and I promised something yummy to eat. That was a rash promise, but hopefully I will dig back in my memories (and recipe books) and come up with something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanx, this is very Informational Post to Read now I am Waiting for your next post
Descolab

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.