Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day Before Thanksgiving

Yesterday I made the Chex Party Mix and made two loaves of banana bread. Today I am baking pies and "thinking" about dressing. I found Stovetop Stuffing in the cupboard, but also have some seasoned bread cubes I made myself some time ago, thinking I would use it to make stuffing. It's amazing what I can find on the top shelf of my pantry when I get the little ladder so I can see up there. I also have some chicken broth I made in the freezer, and I have celery and onions. So I might make the stuffing myself. I also found some napkins way in the back on the top shelf. Napkins are something I never think about until we sit down at the table.


Today I am doing laundry to get the uptsairs bed ready for Mike and Barb (and Braxton). The king sized bed is big enough if Braxton ends up sleeping with them.



******************************

Click on images for a larger view
Several years ago, Barrie and I were arrowhead hunting on the Mesa when a sage hen flew up, and when we checked, we found this nest. I didn't even have my camera with me, but left a "marker" so I could find it, and came back the next day. I took some photos of her on the nest with my telephoto lens, but she was so camouflaged it was hard to see her, even when you knew she was there. I felt guilty disturbing her again, so I took a few pictures and quickly left.

We used to go the Mesa a lot, hunting arrowheads and antlers, and generally just wandering around. I haven't even been out there since the gas rigs moved in.


When I first got my 200mm lens, I took this photo out the upstairs window. Boy, was I impressed with the sharpness of the lens. Then I found with experience, that not all the photos were this sharp. It's hard to hold a long lens perfectly steady, so I consider this to be a lucky shot.




Barrie, probably two years old, absorbed in reading about Bambi.



No comments: