Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kasey's Watercolor

Kasey's First Watercolor

Click on images for a larger view
Here is Kasey's first watercolor, and she loved doing it. I don't think she was too impressed with the colored pencils, but she sure liked using watercolors. I did the palette part, getting paint on the brush, then handed it to her.

I couldn't stand looking at this painting of the old cabin. I corrected the roof, and added some bushes at the base of the tree on the left. The roof is still not finished, but I think it is a big improvement.

********************************
I am reading another book by the Gears about the prehistoric Indian settlements. I think the location of this one is set in Georgia. Anyway, last night I read about one of the visions, or totems of one of the Indians, and it mentioned a "Many Colored Crow". I envisioned a painting of a crow with lots of different colors, and maybe will paint it one of these days.

I got caught up on some laundry today, and washed my dining room windows. I tried one of the little Windex cloths, and was not impressed. As I haven't been to WalMart to get one of the cloths Judi told me about, I guess I will keep using my old flour sack dish cloths and old cotton diapers.

Barrie gave me some help yesterday - took the dog kennels off the front porch and put them in the basement, hauled an old piece of exercise equipment down to the garage, picked up the hoses, and cleaned up some old dead flower stalks and put them in the wheelbarrow. Now it doesn't look so much like I live in the slums!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Heavens Grandmother!!!!! I can see the Horses in Kasey's Painting, The Red one from the bottom, then Green and then the Dark Buckskin. INCREDABLE
nanny