Saturday, November 8, 2008

Graduation

Click on images for a larger view

Barrie graduated from "Climb Wyoming" today. I think there were seven women who graduated. Kasey has a sign that says "Climb Wyoming - My Mom Graduated Today. Barrie's Dad, and brother and sister were all there. It was held at the Wort Hotel in Jackson. There must have been about 40 people there, and we were served a delicious brunch afterwards.

After we left the Wort, Barrie and I drove out to look at the Tetons, which weren't there today, but saw a moose, lots of ducks and swans, and geese, and some elk way far away. Then we went to Smiths. It rained most of the day.



I got most of the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner - a ham and a turkey. Last time I had Thanksgiving, I made pies, baked bread, and peeled potatoes. Today I bought frozen pies, bakery rolls, and instant potatoes. Will still need to pick up a few things at Ridleys later, but I think I got most of what I need in Jackson. So much nicer than shopping in Ridleys.



Last week, I bought one tube of chapstick, the kind I always use, at Ridley's for over $3.00. Today I got four tubes at Smiths for $1.57 apiece. Smiths is so nice and bright and clean, with wide aisles. Ridley's is NOT.



When we got home, I warmed up the leftover potato soup, and we ate. The kitten was lonesome and hungry! After we all ate, Barrie harrassed the kitten.



Kasey was so good in Jackson today. She sat on my lap through most of the ceremony. They wore black robes, and Kasey wasn't too sure that was even her mom! At the end of the ceremony, they had all the women bring their kids up and presented them with flowers.

No comments: