Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday



I finished this pencil drawing of an antelope a few days ago. It's quite similar to one I did a month or so ago, but a little smaller, and the head is at a different angle.

I started a new watercolor in art group this morning of Rattlesnake Dick's cabin. Or is it Rattlesnake Jack? I threw the last attempt away. I was very happy with the sky and trees, but I messed the cabin up so badly I had to throw it out. I know I can paint the cabin, if I will just pay attention to what I am doing.

*****************************
I received a cute card from my neice's daughter and son-in-law today. They are expecting a baby in March, and Nicki sent a cute scrapbooking type card announcing that "I am a girl and excited to be joining my family in March". I have never received an announcement of this type before! Very creative and fun.

Barrie is not going to be able to take Kasey to the day care provider she was hoping to use. Seems there is a limit on the number of children under two she can take. So Barrie is back to square one on finding someone. I love having Kasey, but don't think I am able to do it full time.

When Barrie came up this afternoon, there were deer lying down in my front yard. Kasey "mooed" at them. She thought they were cows.

My brother has been going through slides our Mom took through the years. He sent me a few, and they look like the color has changed and have lots of small dust spots and marks in the sky. I scanned some of them, and was able to improve them some. The only way he has to look at them is holding them up to the light, one by one. It's pretty hard to see them that way.

Cold and cloudy today. It really looks like snow.

No comments: