Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Watercolor experiments

Enjoyed our watercolor group this morning. We watched a video - an incredible demonstration on painting a portrait in watercolor. We only watched half of it - it comes on two DVD's. Maybe I should check it out and bring it home and try to paint along.

***********************************
Click on images for a larger view
I tried some salt on watercolor techniques in art group this morning. So unpredictable!! The pigments used and the dampness of the paper make such a big difference, and I know I will never master it. I guess that is one of the appeals of watercolor - you can't always predict what it is going to do, and you can either have a happy accident or a mess!

The top right study is one I did using a cellulous sponge I just bought and cut/tore into different shapes and sizes. I kind of like how I can paint tiny trees with it.

*********************************************

A photo of Kasey petting the kitten. You can't even tell it is Kasey, but I really like the "baby" hand and the contented look on the kitten's face. It's pretty hard to catch the kitten looking contented. She is usually running around in circles being wild.

***********************************************

Barrie and Kasey were both here when I got home at noon. They were both sick last night. They had soup, and are both asleep downstairs now, Barrie on the couch, and Kasey in her "baby cage". I feel like I live in "The Napping House". I came upstairs and finished my salt experiments, and want to work on another watercolor painting I started some time ago.

Lynn tells me they have small turkeys in Jackson. Barrie and I are going to Jackson on Saturday, so I hope I can get what I need for Thanksgiving Dinner.

No comments: