Thursday, November 20, 2008

No pink ruffles here

Happy Birthday, Lynn!
*************************

Click on images for a larger view
I guess Grandmas are supposed to buy cute little ruffly dresses for their grandaughters. But I bought my grandaughter a new flannel shirt and a pair of blue jeans. This is her "lumberjack" look. I wonder what she would look like in a little frilly dress?

***********************************

We downloaded all the pictures from Barrie's camera's card onto my hard drive. Here is one she took from the sled, with an 8 dog team. Imagine what it would be like with 16 dogs up there!


This is a photo I took a couple years ago on the stretch of road between Ethete and Kinnear in Fremont County. The sun was just going down, and was shining on these buttes off to the north.

*******************************

My nephew, Mike, called last night, and we had a nice visit. They are going to try to come on Wednesday night, but if not, they will drive over early Thanksgiving morning. It's about a 3 hour drive for them, and it looks like the weather will probably be good. While he was talking to me, he said "just a minute" and this voice said "Does Kasey like books?" It was their son, Braxton - and he sounded about 21 years old!! He is 5 I still think of him as a little toddler, but it has been over a year since I have seen him. He was talking like an adult then. He is probably shaving by now! Braxton is going to bring Kasey some of his old books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Duene,
Thank you for the birthday greeting. It's very thoughtful of you. I've had a great day.
I love Kasey's lumberjack look and looks like she likes her new clothes too.
Enjoyed the photos.
Love, Lynn