Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Kasey

Fast War Dance

Click on images for a larger view

Some time ago, Kasey started using the top of the cat food container in the kitchen as a drum, and I started singing Native American style along with it. She is now hooked on American Indian music. I downloaded a couple of Sioux songs from itunes, and played one this morning. Here she is dancing to the music. Hmmm - must be some Indian blood in her past somewhere.

She was really wired up when Barrie brought her this morning. Tomorrow they are going to "interview" the woman who will probably be her new day care provider. The old one has moved.


********************************

Here is Kasey's first drawing with colored pencils. Well, she more or less drew it. She kept wanting to hold on to the very end of the pencil, and wasn't putting enough pressure on the point to make a mark. I wrote her name, and she kind of guided the pencil on her own for the "S". I assure you it was just an accident that it looked a little like an "S". She doesn't know an "S" from a hole in the ground.

Today we might try watercolors.

***************************
I made a big pan of lasagna yesterday and put it in the freezer. Something we can use for a meal when I have company, although I think we will have so many left-overs we won't need it.
My neice from Idaho called last night, and now I know a bit more what the plans are. They are planning to come Wednesday evening, and we decided they would take the king sized bed upstairs, so Braxton can sleep with them if need be. As they are coming Wednesday, probably Bill and Alice will come then too.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kasey is really into that music. Now you have my curiosity...I always thought Tracy had the Indian blood but not Barrie?? Maybe you were just making a rhetorical comment. JAM

Anonymous said...

Remember it is up to the maternal Grandmother or the Maternal Aunt to give the Girl Her Dancing Shawl.
love you Bunches nanny Smith