Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Painting for Practice

This painting is not a keeper. I will put it on the shower floor, turn the strongest spray setting on it to wash off what I can. Then I can tape it to a board and paint something on the back

Click on images for a larger view

The top photo shows what I brought home from paining group today. It was supposed to be a snow scene, but that failed. So I tried turning it into water, and that didn't turn out great either. After I got it home, and tried painting a foreground and some closer trees.

I got a lot of miles out of this one piece of paper! I did like the effect of the trees in the distance, so it was not a total waste of time. I think the painting would have worked better if I had painted a soft, loose foreground and left out the dark colored trees.
Back to the small studies again - snow and water.

*******************************
Conley got the mysterious mat cutter out today and cut a mat for his new painting of a salmon. He better not get good at it!! We will all be asking him to cut mats for us. We have some nice mats in the art room, but we always seem to forget to paint something that will fit in the mats we have.
****************************************
Barrie and Kasey came in just before I left. Barrie's dad was taking them to lunch at the senior center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't read far enough. Yes, I like the painting with the foreground. Glad you worked to make it more successful.
Love, Lynn