Friday, November 14, 2008

Thursday

I have had Kasey for the last two days, and am trying to get ready for guests. My house is so dusty and cluttered!! I honestly don't notice it too much, until I make myself see it through someone else's eyes. My relatives are not at all fussy, but I would like to have things half way presentable for them. Anyway, I am not making a great deal of progress. I can't work like I used to in my younger days, and Kasey takes attention.

I came upstairs to get something this morning, and told Kasey to "stay". She climbed up one step and waited for me. When I started down, she stood up, turned around, and stepped off into space on the bottom step, about six inches. She crashed, and was pretty upset for a little while. I think she thought I did it. Later, I was in the kitchen, turned around and knocked her flat. I didn't know she was right behind me. She didn't even cry then, but later, she was running across the dining room floor, her feet slipped, and she fell forward. Thank goodness she didn't fall on her face. But she wimpered a little bit. She has had one of those days her Mom calls "lessons in gravity".

I baked an apple pie this morning and put it in the freezer. I don't know what to expect of it, as it was made with dehydrated applies from a surplus of applies given to me from someone who grows them in Riverton. I soaked them in water for a day, then made a pie just like normal. It may not be fit to eat.

While looking for my Swiffer duster refills, I found a box of "Windex Dry Microfiber Cloths". I bought them some time ago, put them away, and forgot about them. So I left them out and will see what they are all about.

*********************************

Click on images for a larger view
These wild turkeys were in the Black Hills. I really dislike turkeys. When I was a little girl, they used to chase me on my Grandad's farm. My older brothers and my cousin would tease the turkeys until they were mad, then call us young cousins to come see something. At least that's how I remember it. My brother may have a different version of this story! Anyway, to this day, the sound of a turkey gobble makes the hair on my back of my neck stand up.


This is a photo from one of the old slides I recently scanned. I should remember more about this shot, but I don't. I think it was taken up Horse Creek.

1 comment:

Cristy said...

Wow, Duene - that duck photo looks like a painting!
I thought it was a really cool watercolor at first.
Enjoying your weblog - and feeling your pain about trying to get things done with kids underfoot!
Cristy