Thursday, November 6, 2008

The sock monkeys

Click on images for a larger view
Here is Kasey napping with the sock monkeys I made years ago for her mom. Kasey stayed with me today. She seems to feel good, but would not eat anything for lunch except some canned pears I had in the cupboard. She didn't even want a hot dog or some bread and butter. I don't argue with her about eating - neither does her mom. I figure she will eat what she needs when she wants it. I am making a big pot of potato soup today - Barrie likes it, and maybe Kasey will be hungry.

I have a funny little barking dog on my computer to announce that I have e-mail. Kasey comes running when she hears it, saying "e-mail, e-mail"

OK, another photo out the window. There have been four to six does and fawns hanging around, and three of them bedded down in my back yard today. They look good - very slick and fat. I haven't seen any bucks for a while. I suppose they will be back after hunting season is over.

Cody
It looks like Sheri and Eric and boys won't be able to come for Thanksgiving. Zack is having surgery on his shoulder just before Thanksgiving.

I did colored pencils portraits of Zack and Cody a few years ago, and was never satisfied with the one of Cody. So I have done him again. I don't think Sheri has seen this. The trouble with kids is, they change so much, and no longer look the same!! I have also started another one of Zack playing his viola, but it is slow going.

I am so glad the elections are over. I just couldn't stand any more political ads. I am optimistic about how things are going to go in our contry. I heard a commentator make the statement that the American people don't trust government any more, and that is so true. There has been so much corruption and dishonesty that it has become hard to trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sock monkeys are great. They look brand new, but I guess they would if Barrie didn't play with them. JAM