Friday, November 7, 2008

Red White and Blue at the rig

Click on images for a larger view.

Well, this is not a popular view for Pinedale natives, I guess, but it's here to stay for a long time. I thought the mountains and sky were so beautiful in the background. I took this photo for a photo hunt for "red, white and blue". The rig did have some nice colors.




Spring Ritual

Another picture from the past. Every year, Chuck had to keep a close watch on Meadow Lake, because as soon as the ice went off, the Grayling spawned. So we always drove up as soon as possible in the spring. Some years were easier than others. This trip took a lot of digging, and a winch and large boulder to get through. I don't know why he didn't drive around this drift in the sagegrush. It's a man thing, I guess.

***********************************

I am slowly working on getting my king-sized down comforter stuffed back into the duvet, which I washed this morning. It's not an easy job. I moved two twin beds upstairs when I remodeled. A twin size was the largest we could get up the stairs. After sleeping on one for a while, I ordered a kit with straps and a sheepskin strip for the middle, and fastened them together. Then I put a thick piece of "memory foam" on top of that, then a mattress pad. So I had a king sized bed, and put a down comforter on it. It's no wonder I like to lie in bed in the mornings!! Pure comfort! Also, the down lets me keep it really cool at night.

I am working on a painting I started some time ago of an old cabin. I am having problems with the perspecitve, but this old cabin is crooked in real life. It is tipping off into a creek and kind of sags.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not the cabin on the East Fork as you cross it on Hwy 191 south of Boulder, is it? that one is falling into the river. It was owned by a man named Rattlesnake Dick. No other history could I find. JAM