Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

I got out a couple of old photo albums this morning to start scanning photos. There are so many of them, and I'm not doing as many as I probably should. I found these three today that I thought I would like on my computer as art reference photos.


Click on images for a larger view
Old wagon in Shelter Park


The gate on our loading chute in Shelter Park

Old Eckland cabin on Pole Creek Road

*************************************

I did garbage detail yesterday. A crew has been oiling the buildings down in front of me, and when they were finished, they put all their buckets and plastic in my dumpster. Barrie took it all out and put it in front of one of the buildings, and brought the dumpster up to our driveway. I then filled it with some old flower garden fence, a lamp that doesn't work, and other things.

I am baking bread today. Or rather, I put stuff in the bread machine for it to make bread. It is sourdough beer bread, and usually rises so high I have to cut the top off the loaf. My bread never stays soft and fresh. Seems to become kind of dry and crumbly within a day, so I will try to freeze half of this loaf.

I made beef stir fry for us last night. I knew Kasey wouldn't like it, but Barrie and I did. Kasey ate one of her little cups of Chef Boyardee macaroni and cheese. She did eat a few bits of rice from my plate.

I cooked the rice in my new pressure cooker, and it turned out excellent! I have been looking on the internet for more pressure cooker recipes.



No comments: