Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rain and Rain

It started raining yesterday, it rained all night, and is still raining at noon today. A nice gentle rain with no wind, and it is wonderful. It is 47 degrees outside at noon. You can almost see the grass grow!




Pinedale graduated 49 seniors, and 22 of those went through all 13 years in Pinedale, so I had taught them. The valedictorian and the two who tied for salutatorian were in my kindergarten class. I should have gone to graduation, but didn't even think of it. It won't be long before I will not know any of the students.

I am almost to the end of my Mom's diary, and am thinking there must be another one. This one ends after 1984, and I know that she was still keeping it up after she lost most of her sight and had moved off the farm into a little house in Riverton and then to the assisted living center several years later. She had a word processor and a separate monitor. She used large type and a magnifying glass when she used it. I hope Alice has the rest of it on her bookshelves.

No comments: