Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday

Click on images for a larger view

Chickadees are one of my favorite birds, probably partly because they stay here all winter. I was sitting on my front porch with my camera on a tripod last summer, waiting for hummingbirds to come to the feeder, when this Chickadee made attempts to get a drink.


This is another photo from the day I went up Horse Creek last spring. It is the only good photo I have ever gotten of a Sandhill

Barrie and Kasey on the path down to see the Kahuna rapid on the Snake River

*************************
More and more rain! It was sunny this morning, but clouded up and rained hard with thunder and lightning this afternoon. This country just keeps getting greener and greener! When it first began to thunder this afternoon, there was an especially loud "Boom", and a silver streak went by me into the bedroom and under the bed. I think Kat has never heard thunder before, and it really freaked her out.
*********************************
The Colorado Rockies have won 10 straight games after their game with Seattle tonight. I'm afraid my upbringing stays with me. I don't follow it faithfully, but find that when I watch a Rockies game on TV, I enjoy it. I grew up in a family of baseball players, and my nephews and their kids still play.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning Chickadee photo. Talk about clicking at the right instant. I snapped a pic of Barrie, Kasey & 2 dogs on Fremont Rd. JAM

Anonymous said...

When Barrie got home, she said "the war of the blogs is on". She said she had seen you and you had taken her picture, and Rollie said he was going to post it on his blog!

Duene