Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday

Another cool rainy day. Is this what it is like to live somwhere like Seattle? I love this weather, but think I will eventually get tired of it if it goes on too long. Then in July and August, I will be complaining about the heat. I at times considered moving back to Riverton, the area where I grew up. But wind and the heat in the summer were not things I wanted to live with. My mother claimed it was NOT that windy or hot there. But as I recently read through the many years of her diary, I don't think a page went by that she did'nt mention how hard the wind blew.


Click on images for a larger view


I don't have new pictures to post, so I looked at the pictures I took in May a year ago. There is one tough iceland poppy growing in the clump of quakie trees in the front yard, and I photographed it last spring. I notice it is coming up, but isn't very big yet.

I took a drive up Horse Creek last spring, and this horse came up to the fence to see me. I love the pink crinkled nose.

I spent a big part of my morning going through some of my kitchen cupboards and the pantry. I have a spaghetti pot that I use maybe once a year, if that, and am sending it to the food basket. Also found a tiny electric skillet I never use, and will put that in the free box at Rendezvous Pointe. I bought it for my Mom when she moved into the assisted living apartment at Homestead in Riverton. Then Alice told me she couldn't have an electric skillet in there, so I brought it home. So I freed up some cupboard space.

Then I got in the pantry. Boy, is that a scary place! Barrie and I have both gone through it, moving and organizing the contents. But of course after Barrie arranges things, I can't find something and move it all around again. We both buy groceries, and we now have seven cans of tuna and about 20 cans of soup. last time I went to the store, I left the groceries for her to put away so she would see what I bought. She brought groceries home today, and I made sure I saw what she bought. We could live for a year on the food stored in this house!

1 comment:

Hank said...

Some nice pics you took...

I like the one of the wagon in the snow. This blogging thing is "ok".

Hank