Friday, June 12, 2009

Idaho Falls

Barrie and Kasey and I went to Sam's Club in Idaho Falls yesterday. Barrie bought dog food, and I mainly bought boring items such as toilet paper, kleenex. Shopping wasn't very exciting, but we sure enjoyed the drive. It was a nice cool day, and we got rained on some, especially on the way home.

We made several stops, one at the viewing spot for the Lunch Counter and Kahula (?) rapids on the Snake. I goofed up there, walked down to see this rapid, and didn't even see Lunch Counter.

I once went through Lunch Counter in a small raft with a group of friends. What an exciting adventure! I was so scared and wanted to get out when we got close enough to hear the roaring of the water. My friend who owned the raft told me to just shut up and hang on!


There were so many wildflowers blooming, and they were beautiful. This is a small patch of Flax. There were areas that were so blue it didn't look real. I hadn't realized how many chokecherry bushes there are in the canyon. They were all in full bloom.

I love the drive from Alpine Junction through the little farming towns. There were so many pretty yards and flowers.




We pulled off to the side before we got to The Rim to watch the cowboys get this herd of cows and calves through the underpass that goes under the highway. They had almost all of them through and were holding them there waiting for the tail end. Of course a bunch of cows in front decided to turn around and go back to look for their calves. It took them a while to get the herd lined out again.

When we came home, the herd was all scattered out and grazing near the turnoff to the Flying A. They all looked contented, and "mothered up". I don't know which ranch this was, but it was a very large herd, and all black.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your method of telling everything in this paragraph is in fact fastidious, all
can without difficulty understand it, Thanks a lot.



my weblog :: Biotechnology

Anonymous said...

If you have a website, you can use Google Trends for your website traffic to increase
as well. I have more stuffings in me from yesterday than I care to
think about. All kinds of sports news today are offered
live through the television.

Look at my homepage ... 4shoptv.com