Sunday, June 14, 2009

Monday

I really thought we might make it through a day without rain yesterday, but I was wrong. I really like the rain. Everything is so green and fresh looking. I could do without the lightning and power outages and surges, though.

As far as I know, there is no serious flooding or mud slides in our area.

**********************************

Dog Days
Click on images for a larger view.
Barrie and one of her sled dogs. A mutual admiration society.

Boomer and Barrie soon after we got Boomer as a little pup. I think this was the summer before Barrie started Kindergarten

Boomer grew, and grew, and grew. He loved being a "lap dog". When told to "sit down", he would back up to the couch and sit on it.



Boomer had very good table manners. He carried a little plastic butter container around waiting for us to put something in it. If we didn't, he would put it up on the table. He also helped with chores. He would bring the newspaper in, and he loved to help pack in firewood.

Barrie took Jarvi and Shorty for a walk yesterday and Kasey in the stroller. She said she saw Rollie and Judi and that they took her picture. I see they put them on their blog today, and Judi also e=mailed them to me. Thanks!

I worked on my recipe book for kitchen gadgets. I cooked pinto beans in the pressure cooker, and they were delicious. I did soak them overnight, but they were done to perfection in 50 minutes. I was kind of apprehensive about buying this cooker, but it made perfect rice and the beans were great. I wasn't real impessed with the roast I did in it, nothing like I remember the roasts my mom used to make in her pressure cooker. I bought the roast at Smith's in Jackson. and I guess I better get the next one at Obos!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boomer! What wonderful pictures & memories. What a dog. JAM