Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wet and Green

Click on images for a larger view

This is the Sweet Rocket that reseeds itself all over my yard. I had thought for several years it was wild phlox, and now know it's Sweet Rocket, thanks to Roger. When Paul and Tracy got married, they had packets of wild flower seeds at all the tables at the reception. I planted several packs, and this is the only thing that I still have.


It is so green out every window that it doesn't look real.

And more green



Oh oh! Well, I know we have had a lot of rain, but not this much. This is a photo I took up at the CCC ponds, then used a filter that adds a lake where you want. The filter was a trial copy, and I never bought it, so don't have it any more. Kind of fun, though.

******************************************

Enjoyed art group yesterday. Vicky was there for just a short while, as she had to take her car to Jackson. But she brought us treats!! Judi, Conley, Nancy J. and Barbara were there also. Judi has been trying the "whiskey painting" that Vicky told us about, and she produced some beautiful small pieces. I tried it again this morning (I used vodka), but my results are pretty bad. Maybe I should just drink the vodka.

Barrie went out to give her dogs a training run at 5:00 this morning. I heard Kasey talking (on the baby monitor) about 8:00. Barrie was back and getting her up and dressed. Barrie read somewhere that two-year olds usually are putting 2 or 3 words together in a sentence. We have tried counting the words Kasey uses in a sentence, and we thought she was using about 15 words. We could only understand part of them, but when we ask her "what?" she repeats the whole sentence again.

Barrie said it is very muddy at her dog lot, and all her dogs were the same color after their run.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Sweet Rockets are beautiful! JAM