Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday

More old slides scanned

Click on images for a larger view
Another photo of Barrie and little pup Boomer. This was surely a match made in Heaven. Barrie has never forgiven me for this haircut. She said people thought she was a boy. I thought she really looked cute with short hair.


On Barrie's seventh birthday, we had a family party for her. Her classmate, Cody, decided he wanted to come. He didn't have a gift, so his wonderful stepsister, Cat Urbigkit, took him downtown and bought a nursing kit. I had no idea Cody was coming, and when we got home, he was up in the big pine tree with the gift, with Boomer sitting on the ground below daring him to come down.


I took this photo a long time ago at Waterton Park in Canada.

*****************************

A very frustrating day today with computers. I used to be able to print to my big Canon photo printer downstairs from my laptop. But since the power outages, The printer does not like this computer and does not want to be shared. Also, I was able to access files from my laptop to the desktop, but not vice versa. I think it was because WiFi is built into my laptop, and it wasn't really on my home network. So I began to work on that, and also installed the new networking program on Barrie's laptop. Now my desktop can find the laptop, but I still can't print to the Canon from upstairs.

Then when I came upstairs, my laptop was totally screwed up. It kept giving me messages that applications were not working and would close, and that I had corrupt files. It ran "chkdsk" twice, and I am now on the internet, but I think the computer has slowed down a lot. I had to start it in "Safe Mode" twice.

I have not bothered to learn enough about the Vista operating system. Don't know what I have screwed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like computer nighmares to me! Mike Key, the computer guru, will be at Rendez Pt on Wed AMs. JAM