Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

Click on images for a larger view


The male Blue Bird took a break from feeding babies yesterday to groom himself in the rain.




I took this picture a couple of winters ago when I was still putting out several bird feeders in the yard. Between the deer and the racoons I couldn't keep them filled. The cats were a little hard on the bird population. I finally gave up and just put one feeder up in the winter. It is out my upsairs window where it is easy to fill, and it's easy to watch the birds. Also, the other critters can't get to it.
******************************
It looks like we won't have any rain today. It is sunny, but the wind is trying to blow. Makes it a little chilly, but I'm sure it will warm up as the day goes on.

Barrie brought two of her female dogs in this morning and took them to the vet. One of them had gotten loose and got into a fight with the dog next to her. They both had some battle wounds and will need some stitches.

1 comment:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

How neat that you have bluebirds at your place. I have never seen one in the wild. Thought I had a glimpse once or twice, but was never sure. And those little hummers! What wonderful pictures!

Thank you again for your lesson on blogspot photo uploads. Will improve my blog a lot.

~J~