Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday

A Day in the Life of a Cat

Click on images for a larger view

Watching birds out the window


This is getting boring


Why are you looking at me?

**************************************

A beautiful sunny day today. It's a little breezy now, and I see a few clouds gathering in the west, so we'll see what happens. I worked in the yard a while this morning, but really didn't accomplish a lot. The yard is overwhelming. There are Caragana bushes, cottonwoods and willows coming up all over the place, and I don't want them. This place is already a jungle, and I don't need any more trees and bushes.

I did a little cleaning in the little front yard, but Barrie was using the shovel, and I used that for an excuse to quit. Barrie was digging out the little drainage ditch we have across the yard behind the house. We will have water in the back yard no matter what, but it helps to keep the little ditch flowing.

I didn't want the bluebirds nesting here because of the cats, but they have a nest in the birdhouse on the south side of the porch. I saw them taking bugs into the house to feed the babies while I was outside. The male is such a brilliant blue. I will take my camera out later to see if I can get a good picture of him.

I saw a hummingbird yesterday! It was hovering around the yellow flowers of a Caragana bush. So I have both hummingbird feeders up. If that one was just moving through, at least I know it's time for them.


No comments: