Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday

Click on images for a larger view
Bill and Alice arrived about noon on Thursday. Mary Lou came for lunch, and we spent the afternoon doing a lot of visiting. BandA brought Kasey a new outfit - a cute pink top and skirt. She really liked it, and looked so cute in it.

Alice is an experienced Grandma, and Kasey wasted no time taking books to her and climbing up in her lap. Kasey is slower to warm up to men, but she gave Bill a hug at bedtime, and when she left for "school".

They left today for their son's place in Idaho. Doesn't seem they ever stay long enough for us to get all the visiting done. So much to talk about, and such I short time to get it all done.

They took Mom's diary with them, and brought me the next book of the diary, which starts in 1985. Bill sayd the first part of Mom's diary will be his reading material next winter. I also sent the four volumes of Larry McMurtry's "Berrybender Series" with them for winter reading.

*************************

I have fought with this watercolor of an old rusty truck long enough and have quit on it. I cropped it a lot - all the shed and part of the background. It helped to get rid of that, but that's not all it needed. I try to tell myself the back wheel must be bent, and that's why it is at the wrong angle.


No comments: