Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday

Click on imaage for a larger view

Is this a "study", or a painting? I haven't decided yet. The colors and values are better in the photo than they are in real life. Now that the big willow bush outside my window is gone, I have a great view of the hillside. This corner post is about all that's left of the fence on the empty lot to the south of me. So this is almost a plein air painting, because I painted what I saw out my window. And the window was open!


Tracy called yesterday. They are coming for a week of camping and boating in two weeks and she is wondering if they made a mistake coming so late this year. Hopefully, we will get a beautiful Indian Summer after this spell of cold and rainy weather. They live at 9,000 ft in Colorado, so they will be prepared for the weather. But it would be nice to have some of those beautiful fall days that we have.

No comments: