Sunday, August 9, 2009

Painting

I have installed the new version of Paint Shop Pro, a photo editing program I like to use. "Painter Essestials" was included, and I have been playing with it today. I have heard of Corel Painter, which is a very expensive program. I guess this is a scaled down version of that.

Click on images for a larger view


At the top is the original photo, and the bottom is the watercolor conversion I did with Painter.





The top one is the original photo, and the bottom is an oil painting.

I could spend a lot of time playing with this program. It has about 15 cutoms settings you can apply to a photo, including pencil, watercolor, oil, and pastels - and several diffferent styles for most of them. And of course you can start with a blank "piece of paper" and draw and paint with different brushes and colors.

*****************************

Barrie and Kasey are going to buy some groceries today. I'm not even sure what we need, but I know we are about out of eggs. I made a quiche yesterday from the recipe Barbara S. gave me. I didn't have frozen hash browns for the crust, so I used a fresh potato and grated it. And I didn't measure the onions. I guess I thought if a little bit of onion was good, a whole bunch of onion would be really good. The quiche Barbara sent to art group was delicious - mine was not.




No comments: