Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday

From Way Back in my Past:




OK, how many of you had a movie star or someone you idolized? When I was in high school, Casey Tibbs was my hero and I had a big crush on him! He was World Champion Cowboy for several years, (maybe seven?) . One day a couple of friends and I walked downtown during our lunch time from high school, and there was a lavender Lincoln with a continental kit parked in front of the Shoshoni Bar. I knew it was Casey Tibbs! I got his autograph, and found that his middle name was Duane. Boy, was I thrilled!!

While browsing through the website that has magazine cover photos, I found this photo of him. Just had to save it!




Photos from a couple of trips we took in the past. The first is the Prince of Wales Hotel at Waterton Park in Canada. This hotel was overwhelming on the inside. It overlooks a beautiful lake and mountains.

Second, of course you all recognize, is Mount Rushmore. Very impressive, of course, but the most vivid memory I have of Rushmore is all the extremely tame little chipmunks.

*******************************
Today I set up the old computer on the dining room table, and got it on the Internet. I needed to get it on the wireless home network because there are a few files I missed transfering to the new computer. I also activated my Photoshop program on the new computer. I expected that to be a hassle, because they are pretty good at detecting if your "key" has been used before. Instead, all I got was a "thank you for activating your software". Who can figure?

I also got both my printers to print on the wireless network from my laptop. Don't ask me how I did it - I think the computer finally just gave up and said "OK, let's let her have her way".

1 comment:

MOM/Gina said...

Casey Tibbs was something, all right. But he has a nephew who is a jerk. Mason Tibbs. He worked for us on the upper Green, as the rider at the Bend for two years.