Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Jungle is Gone

Click on images for a larger view
Barrie attacked "the jungle" with the loppers yesterday. There must have been over 100 young quakies growing in this corner of the yard, and I had just let them grow and did not mow the corner. Some of them were getting really tall - 8 or 10 ft. Barrie decided we should have the yard more open, so she took them all out and mowed it once. The grass was about 18" tall in there.

She also sprayed a bunch of little willows, caraganas and cottonwoods in the back yard with Roundup. She finished cleaning the little front yard and hauled two big wheelbarrow loads out of there. Woe to the cat who uses it as a sandbox.

Speaking of cats, my original little bobtailed female showed up yesterday. She was one I had spayed, and I hadn't seen her for so long that I had given up on her. She rubbed and rubbed on my legs, and wanted to be petted. She is probably the great-great-grandmother of the cat I have in the house.

Kasey went swimming this morning. She came home and had a bath, then wanted to paint with a long stem of grass. I suggested we could give her a paintbrush from the basement. I should have known better. Barrie said "why? She likes what she has." How right.


Kasey throwing a ball for Shorty

*******************************

After fussing and fiddling with the speakers for my computer, I unplugged the jack and plugged it into the headphone jack and they worked. I tried plugging it into the speaker jack again, and wiggled and bumped it, and they work.

No comments: