Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday

A nice cool, cloudy day today. Had a nice rain yesterday afternoon with thunder and lightning. I know Gina and Bob and the other ranchers don't appreciate this weather, and I feel guilty for saying I enjoy it.

Barrie got her dog boxes all finished and mounted on her pickup. They look nice. She will put the extra 8 boxes in her horse trailer for when she needs to haul 16 dogs. The reason she didn't put them on her pickup is that she would need a ladder to even get to the top boxes. And the dogs in the top would have quite a drop to the ground. Her old dog boxes are double deckers, but is mounted on a flat bed.

I couldn't activate Microsoft Office on my new computer, because it had already been activated on the allowed number of computers. I decided to try to find out (by telephone) if I could uninstall it from the old desktop, then reactivate it on the new one. Somehow, I got on the phone with a pleasant voiced "robot" who asked questions, which I answered. Somehow, the next thing I knew, the software had been activated! Who can figure?

Then I installed the Quicken 2009 program and got my bank account on the new computer from the backup disk. I didn't try to do much with it. I probably am at least a month behind in reconciling my bank account, but the checkbook is down in the garage in the pickup, so I didn't work on that.

Spent more time setting up playlists and organizing songs in iTunes. Even after deleting some duplicates and some songs I know I don't want, I still have 1,400 songs on there! I'm still not sure how that happened. I don't really even need to update the songs on my ipod, but might as well get it all organized in case I decide to.



Here are three of the cards I made using photos I have taken.
.

No comments: