Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday

I have been singing songs like "Wandering Star", and "Hand me Down that Can of Beans" all day.  They keep going through my mind because I watched "Paint Your Wagon" last night.  I had forgotten what a fun movie that is.  God, Clint Eastwood was young!! 

The summer before I moved to Pinedale, I was in Laramie for summer school.  I rented an apartment with a woman from Riverton, who had a little girl about Tracy's age.  Susanne was from California, and her father was an actor.  He had a part in Paint your Wagon, which was being filmed in Oregon at the time.  He played the part of Clendennon.  Susanne's husband, Bill, had driven his motorcycle to Oregon and was working as an extra.

Bill drove his motorcycle from Oregon straight to Laramie to see Susanne and their daughter.  He still had his beard he had grown for the filming, and the first night he was there, bugs kept crawling out of his beard during supper.  He shaved it off the next morning!


I love the artwork they used during the beginning and ending credits. Can't tell for sure, but it looks like charcoal, pen and ink, and ink washes.

*******************
 

I installed Paint Shop Pro on both computers this morning.  I used to like this program better than Photoshop, and I might go back to using it exclusively.  Photoshop is a powerful photo editing program, but I remember Paint Shop Pro was easier to use, and you could do more fun things with it.

*********************
 


The big piles of snow I see out my window are starting to resemble the rock formations where Rollie and Judi hike in Nevada.

*******************
 
There are still eight teams out on the trail in the Iditarod Sled Dog Race.  Keep going guys, you're almost there!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cousin Duene. You are right "Paint Your Wagon" was filmed near Baker, Oregon, my home town. Nearly everyone who lived there then has a million stories about Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, and the woman who played the lead. I had a friend who vacated her house to rent it to Lee Marvin for more each month than her house payments for a year. I missed it all because I was living either in Spokane or Great Falls (can't remember) but every phone call to my mother or mother-in-law didn't have any other subject for those months.

Carolyn