Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday

The Iditarod Trail is beating up the mushers and their sleds.  Six racers have scratched. DeeDee Jonrowe scratched in Rohn, and Martin Buser is resting in Nicolai, trying to decide if he should go on with a badly sprained ankle. The trail through the Farewell Burn has no snow.  Most of the trail has a shortage of snow. There will no doubt be more injuries and damaged sleds. 

*******************************

 
Here is the latest addition to my refrigerator art gallery.  Kasey did this in art class in school, and explained to me the difference between warm and cool colors. 

************************
 
Haven't finished the color pencil drawing yet, but I have a watercolor planned in my head I want to work on in art group tomorrow.  All this snow around, and I don't know how to paint it.  Paper is cheap - I am going to paint snow if it kills me!

3 comments:

Judi said...

Love Kasey's artwork. I would think you could mat some & put it in the Rendez Pt silent auction in Sept.

Not good when the 'old-timers' are scratching. No snow is not good either.

Rollie said...

Guess I know what Judi meant by "old-timers" scratching but I had a mental image of "old-timers" at the retirement center with an itch. Oh, well.

Charmian said...

That is an amazing painting Kasey did!! A real treasure. May her creative flourish never be squelched.