Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday

I have started a new painting of the scene I ruined yesterday.  This time using good paper and a different brand of paint.  Back to my good old Winsor Newton watercolors on a brand clean palette.

***********************
 

A picture taken in March several years ago.  This was taken out the upstairs window at the house.  A deer died up against the fence in my back yard. It got covered with snow, and I was gone so much that winter, I never noticed it.  When the snow began to melt in March, this bobcat found it and was a regular visitor. 

***********************
 
The Iditarod is heating up.  Martin Buser is running in third place right now.  I guess his sprained ankle is much better.  The two mushers ahead of him have not yet taken their mandatory 24 hour rest, and Martin has, so I would say he is definitely the leader.

I watched a video of the musher who broke his leg.  He was waiting to be flown out.  Seems he didn't get hurt in a wreck, but fell while chasing two loose dogs from his team.  He was in a lot of pain.  Poor guy.  He said, "I don't feel quite so tough right now."

All the sleds are equipped with GPS trackers, and this year they added an SOS button.   A good idea.
 
 **********************
 

2 comments:

Judi said...

What an awesome bobcat photo. You always had good cameras and a knack for capturing good pictures.

Please keep us updated on Newton. Where is he?

Judi said...

I just checked. Newton is in 49th out of 56 mushers. He is past The Burn, but hasn't had his mandatory 24 hr rest.