Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday

In spite of the wind, yesterday's new snow really stuck to things.
 

 
**************************
Barrie said Chloe (bob tailed cat) has been hanging around, and that she was not looking good.  When Kasey caught her, they put her in the basement with Clyde.   Barrie said she was dehydrated and skinny.  After about a week in the basement, she is looking much better. Barrie wants to take her out to Susie's clinic and get  her caught up on her shots.  But she will have to depend on Kasey to catch her.  Chloe won't have anything to do with Barrie, but she likes KC.
 
*********************
 
 
Kasey used my photograph of her to draw herself.  When I commented on it, she said "My teacher says she likes to see lots of details in our pictures."  I asked her "what are details? " She said "I don't know how to explain it, but I know what it is."  That she does!
 
*************************
 
I spent three hours watching the live feed of the Iditarod start in Anchorage yesterday.  Technology is so wonderful!!  The live feed streamed perfectly, no waiting for anything to load, and the picture was sharp and clear. 
 
I decided to splurge and join the "Iditarod Insider".  I didn't think I would, because I don't know too many of the mushers any more.  But I couldn't resist.  I get the GPS tracking, so I can see exactly where each musher is on the trail at any time, along with other information.
 
When Newton Marshall left the starting line yesterday in Anchorage, he was dancing on the runners of his sled.  Here is a picture of him and Kasey doing a Jamaican dance in the parking lot up the Green.
 
 



2 comments:

Judi said...

Go Newton!

What a wonderful drawing you are doing, Kasey. Yes, I see lots of detail.

MOM/Gina said...

Kasey is an artist like her grandma!