Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday

 
 
Did everyone remember to set their set their clocks forward an hour?  I actually set mine before I went to bed last night.  Sometimes I'm so organized I scare myself!  But then this morning, I made coffee without putting the filter in first.  After cleaning up the mess and starting over again, I finally got a cup of coffee 30 minutes later.
 

 
 
Kasey's snow pants were wet to the knee. Barrie was going out to feed dogs, KC was too wet to go out on the snow machine.  So she stayed with me.  She found these little figurines of a frog and a toad on my dresser, and entertained me with "Frog and Toad"  stories.
 
I'm betting Judi has read plenty "Frog and Toad" books during her teaching years.
 
*****************************
Another musher has scratched in the Iditarod, bringing the total to sixteen.  He had made it all the way to Unalakleet, over 700 miles.  He said his team was exhausted, and he decided to shut it down.
 
Mushers have carried the GPS device on their sleds for several years, but this is the first year they have included the "Help" button, or "SOS". With the terrible trail conditions they have had this year, it's been a good thing.  Six mushers have used it so far
 
**************************
 
I have finally found an e-mail program I am happy with.  I downloaded and installed Windows Live mail, which may be part of Windows Outlook, which I don't have.  It is free, was easy to set up, and super easy to use.  A lot of people use Hotmail, and I do have an account with them.  But it would be a hassle to change my email address for everything. 



2 comments:

Judi said...

Frog & Toad. What a pair. Just like Boris & Morris. Yes they were mainstay 1st grade reading books. Usually they were a child's first "Chapter Books". So exciting.

You are such a blessing to all of your readers. Remember the clocks & forget the filter. LOL. So like myself!

DADD said...

I fully agree with Judi. Your BLOG makes my day. I really miss it when you miss a day.
Your adventures although not as exciting as Judi's are more of the things that go on around a normal home.
Then you throw in Kasey, and Barrie, and Chloe, and your moose, bobcat (that someone called a lynx).
Just makes your blog always interesting to read.

I enjoy Judi's also.