Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday

I promised neighbor Nancy I would come to the "group" today.  Do four people constitute a "group"?  Anyway she has the promotional video the Chamber of Commerce made about the Pinedale area, and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

*********************** 

Someone on Facebook posted a list of advice a father should give his son.  It was a long list, but I thought a few of them were noteworthy:
 
Always brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
 
If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
 
Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
 
Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.

*******************
 
 
 A photo from the past.  When Lance Mackey and Newton Marshall were here for the Stage Stop Race a few years ago, Lance's truck broke down, and they borrowed Barrie's truck to transport them and the dogs to Big Piney.  This was Kasey's reaction when she saw "her truck" in the parking lot up the Green.

************************
 


 I'm playing around with the new program, Paint Shop Pro, experimenting with a picture of Barrie in Ashton, Id.    The effect I used on this one was a method used on photographs in the late 1800's.  Plus a few more things I did to it.  I think maybe I applied a "vignette" filter.
*****************************
What a beautiful day!  43° and bright sunshine.  My apartment has been cleaned, I had a great breakfast, dishes are done, I just painted a beautiful sky on a new watercolor, and nothing hurts.
 



3 comments:

DADD said...

This is my truck, I love my truck.

Judi said...

You said it all in the last sentence: 'and nothing hurts'.

I like what you did with Barrie's picture. At first I thought it was an old, old picture of Pinedale.

MOM/Gina said...

Judi beat me to what I was going to say.