Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday

Almost got caught in the vortex yesterday.  A notification popped up and told me I needed to update my flash player.  No problem, I can do that.  It was a while before I realized I was being asked to install and use Google Chrome as my default browser, use a program that detected if my computer was too slow, -- and so on.  I hope I got the installer shut down before those things were installed.  I did find a small program that was attempting to manage my device drivers, and got rid of that in a hurry. 

But there is something else that snuck in.  Once in a while I get a pop up telling me I need to update Internet Explorer, and I know for a fact I have the latest version.  I will use System Restore, and tattoo this on my forehead:

"I will never, never, never again download a "free" program of any kind."

And maybe I will ignore notifications that I need to update a program.

*********************
 
 
I'm so glad Kasey loves to read.  She grabbed a book off the shelves yesterday and curled up on the floor with a blanket and read "Custard the Dragon".
 
 
She also likes to do dishes.  Of course washing dishes is just an excuse to play in the soapy water.
 
******************
 
I am getting sick.  KC found some "Barbie" movies on my Netflix account, and is watching one.  I'm hearing all about fashion, Barbie's clothes closet, her hairdos, and her chipped nails.  I may have to put the earphones on and listen to music or something. Maybe I can find a "Dukes of Hazard" movie for her.



4 comments:

DADD said...

I've had Google Chrome sneak in on me once. I didn't think much of it getting installed until I went to use it the first time. It didn't take me long to uninstall it. Now I watch real carefully for it trying to sneak in again. And they try real hard.
Is Kasey standing on something at the sink, if not she has gotten real tall in a short time.

DADD said...

When we had our Grandson, Bridger stay with, he would watch the same movie over and over again when we were driving.

Judi said...

I dislike Barbie just as much as the next person (or more), but there are several old fairy tale classics that are actually not bad. Of course, I can't remember the titles now - Maybe Swan Princess or Prince & Pauper & such.

Duene said...

Yes, Roger. She is standing on a stool.