Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday

Just got the new microwave oven and have it set up.  UPS tracking showed it was delivered yesterday, but it wasn't here.  Turned out they left it at the office, and Kevin just brought it down for me.  It's smaller than the old one, and I find that my neat pasta cooker is too long for it.  Problem solved, take the rotating plate out, and the pasta cooker fits fine as long as it doesn't have to turn.

 
*******************
I filled one of my Rapidiograph pens with ink today, and it's ready to go.  Now to figure out what my new pen and ink drawing project will be.
 
*********************
 
I baked cookies to take to art group yesterday for Conley's birthday.  Turns out his birthday is not until next Wednesday. That's not like me.  I'm usually wishing people a belated birthday.
 
 
Some time ago, I posted photos of a couple of books I moved here with me - just couldn't give them up.  Here is another one, "Custard the Dragon", by Odgen Nash.  It's about Belinda, and her "Realio, Trulio, little pet dragon."  This poem was in a book of poetry I used to read to Tracy when she was little.  She remembered it, and when she saw this book, she bought it for me. 
 
Kasey read this too me one night, and giggled on every page.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Judi said...

One of the few poems I ever memorized was Nash's:
I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree
In fact unless the billboards fall
I may never see a tree at all.

It was before Lady Bird came out with her campaign to limit billboards.

Duene said...

My favorite poem of his was:

Mud pies
Seldom rise

DADD said...

Yeah, I miss those little Burma Shave signs on the fence posts.
Wish I had written them down. But I'll bet I can find them on the internet someplace.
Yup. I'm right, They are all there. Some are pretty corny
and some are cute

DADD said...

Yeah, I miss those little Burma Shave signs on the fence posts.
Wish I had written them down. But I'll bet I can find them on the internet someplace.
Yup. I'm right, They are all there. Some are pretty corny
and some are cute

Charmian said...

Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker.