Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday

 
Disgustingly healthy breakfast this morning.  Why?  Because I bought some to make bread a few months ago, and I'm tired of seeing it in the cupboard.  Well, it's not too bad, actually.  Just not up to par with sausage and eggs.

I'll make up for it later.  I have some good leftovers in the refrigerator.  Fried stuff, with salt and grease!
 
**********************
 
There are two small children in the apartment across the hall from me.  Two little girls, four and one.  Their father is a traveling nurse, works here on weekends, and sometimes his wife and kids come with him.  Once in a while they get a little loud, and I can hear them.  But that doesn't bother me - they aren't crying, and who can complain about happy kids being loud?  Not me.  They also have a cute little dog.
 
I'm glad I live in a place so tolerant of kids and animals. 
 
*********************
Barrie says she is getting better about homework.  She had to talk to Kasey's teacher because Kasey wasn't turning in much homework.  Barrie told the teacher she didn't believe in homework, but promised to do better.  One night she got disgusted, wadded up the homework paper, and threw it on the floor.  Shorty saw her throw something, pounced on it, and shredded it.  So KC's story for her teacher was that her mom threw her homework away, and then her dog ate it.
 
One night when KC stayed with me, she had a "book log".  I had to document what books she read, how long it took her, and how many pages were in the book.  Don't try to tell me teachers spend time poring over these book logs! 
 
Kasey reads while her mom is in the shower, or if it's cold and she is waiting in the pickup while Barrie finishes feeding, or while traveling, and Barrie doesn't document all that.  They are also regulars at the library.
 
   
 
 
 

No comments: