Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday

There were four of us at art group today, and Conley baked cookies.  Betty Crocker didn't even help him!
 
The watercolor I planned to do today was a disaster.  I had masking tape on it for some quakie trees, and masking fluid on some bushes.  The paper I used was not the best, and when I removed the masking, the surface of the paper came with it. 
 
We were studying the elaborate roof design of the new apartments, and cannot figure out why they are building it that way.  Seems to me it would add greatly to the construction costs, and the construction company has already complained they need about $400K more to finish the thing!
 
***********************
 
Beautiful sunny day, and even though it snowed a couple of inches more last night, it is quickly melting.  I have my living room window open. I parked my pickup back on the street by the side door and will just have to watch the weather forecast to see when a heavy snow is predicted.
 
 
 
Here is the colored pencil drawing Kasey did of herself wearing her cowboy hat.  I'll have to get out some watercolors for her next time she is here - and the pad of paper I tried to use this morning.
 
 

Here is an interesting pair, Anna and Kristy Berington, from Alasksa, identical twins who have run the Iditarod before.  No matter where they end up in the starting lineup, they travel within minutes of each other.
 
 


No comments: