Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday

The apartment was cleaned yesterday, and I did my laundry last night.  Not much else to say.

I've been forgetting to mention the fire drills they have here.  They had one last week.  The instructions are to stay in your apartment, and if you need to leave the building, someone will come notify you.  Strange way to conduct a fire drill, but they don't want us out in the hallway because if the firemen are here, we might get run over or knocked down.  Okay.

***********************
 
Tracy called yesterday and we had a nice long visit.  She wasn't at work, she was home supervising the construction.  The electrician was there.  They are getting a completely new kitchen.
 

This is what their kitchen used to look like.


 
This is what it looked like after the first layer had been removed.



And this is down to the bare wall.

 
The new cabinets are stacked in the garage.

She is getting all new stainless steel appliances and is switching from an electric stove to a gas one.  Pretty exciting.  In the meantime, she's not doing much cooking!

********************
 
 
Well, I'll be darned!  I didn't know Calvin lived in Pinedale!



2 comments:

Judi said...

I missed your blog & words of wisdom yesterday. You went & got me hooked on Calvin & Hobbes.

MOM/Gina said...

What a priceless Calvin & Hobbes.