Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday

I am disenchanted with the wildlife here.  I don't know what kind of bird it is, but it is loud and sits outside my window and sings the same song, over, and over, and over, and over again.  Aren't all good birds supposed to be busy feeding their babies? I am calling this a "dead beat" bird. 

And I have another wasp in the living room window.  I know wasps can get into very tight spaces, and they are getting inside.  This is the third one, or maybe it's the same one who keeps coming back through a tiny hole, looking for a place to build a nest.  I have been putting a glass over them, trapping them, and turning them loose outside. 

************************

 
 
 

o
 
Does anyone remember their kids making Melmac plates?  We used to order a kit, which came with round drawing paper and special markers.  After the design was finished, you sent them into the factory and got these great plates back.  Tracy made nine of them, and I still have them.  (Just warning you, Tracy, they are going to Colorado with you!)
 
The top one shows Tracy and me, and our dog Jemima, in front of the trailer house we lived in when I first came to Pinedale.
 
The other plate shows my parents' Winnebago motor home, and their Boston Terrier, Louie.
 
 


2 comments:

Judi said...

LOL. "To Tracy From Tracy". Love it!
Spray around your window with 409 Cleaner. That stuff is deadly to ants & may be to wasps too.

DADD said...

Get a photo of that bird and maybe spmeone will name it for you, and if it something neat you may grow to love it