Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday

 
What do you do when you are sick and tired of trying to find a place to stash art supplies?  You get some of them out and paint a picture.  This only took about 45 minutes, at the most.  Pretty simplistic, but it's the first watercolor I've done in over a month.

********************
 
 
I finally got something hung on the wall.  My mother got me the Navajo weaving of the corn people years ago.  The petroglyphs are done on a very light weight material that looks like rock.  I found them online some time ago.
 
*******************
Kat is not a happy camper.  She wants to go home, I guess.  All of a sudden she won't calm down at night, and she prowls around meowing softly.  Today I opened the door to the hallway and she shot out.  I put her back in the apartment, and she stayed at the door, wanting out. 
 
**********************
 
I woke up at 6:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  I finally got up, got dressed, made the bed, made some coffee, and got some watercolors out and painted.  Bet I take a nap today!
 
Barrie was just here.  She brought me the form from the post office to have my mail forwarded.  She has to work today to train a girl who will be taking her place at work next week.  Kasey is in Evanston with her dad.
 
Barrie remembered to put the saddle on the front porch for Tracy's dad to pick up.  And she is going to take the desktop computer with her and maybe the scanner.  She also has the darned 8ft. plant to get to Montana.  That's all she's planning to take this trip.  Later, she will be moving the kennel and all the dogs, and also all her things.  I feel like we'll never get that house cleaned out, but she's not worried.
 
 
 




2 comments:

Judi said...

Lots going on. I'm surprised you were able to get Kat back without running (yeah, right) up & down the halls.
Hope Barrie has a wonderful trip.

Rollie said...

Wishing Barrie a safe and eventful journey. Liked the picture of her and Tracy. Hope the move is going well.