Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday

 
Ah, the new battery is in the clock, and it is hanging on the living room wall.  Took a while to get the chimes synched with the time.  Love the Westminster chimes.  If Barrie was here, she would turn them off in a minute!

********************
 
I usually turn the TV on once or twice a day and flip through channels to see if there is anything to watch.  This morning, "The Dirty Dozen" was on, and I thought I'd watched it.  (I had missed the beginning.)  I checked on Amazon to see if it was available on Instant Video and found it is a prime movie, which means it is free.  So I put it on my "watch list" and turned the TV off.  I've never been able to watch the soaps, but maybe I should give it a try. And there are the judge shows.  Love that nasty Judge Judy!
 
*******************
 
While listening to my iPod yesterday, the Kingston Trio playlist came up, and I listened to the song about the Boston MTA.  You know the one, where they increased the price and poor Charley has to ride forever beneath the streets of Boston because he can't get off the train.  His wife goes to the station each day and hands him a sandwich as the train goes through.  Now this has bothered me for years.  Why the heck didn't his wife hand him a nickel instead of a sandwich so he could get off the darned train?
 


3 comments:

DADD said...

I turned off the chimes on my clock also. My wife likes them on, but I'm a light sleeper and they wake me during the night

Judi said...

Rollie & I love that song. She didn't hand him a nickel because then there would be no story/song/martyr!

Rollie said...

Maybe she DIDN'T want him off the train.