Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday

Barrie left the garage door open yesterday so I could get in the house.  I went up and brought back a few things - clean shirts and hangers, some spices, a few books, drawing materials, a tripod, etc.  I thought it was just a few things, but it still took me two trips from the pickup to get it all in the apartment.

I was up and down the stairs at the house three times.  Then when I got ready to leave, I found I had left my glasses somewhere in the house.  So I made yet another trip up and down two flights of stairs. 

 
 Barrie took this picture for me when she was in Montana.  This is Toston, a little town off the Interstate where we once were run out of town by packs of dogs.  The town looks pretty well deserted, lots of old buildings, and we only saw one person. I remember that turquoise house in the background.  It was one of the few buildings in town that looked like someone lived there, and one of the few buildings that was painted. Barrie said she didn't see one dog when she drove through town!



Barrie said Jeremy's house wasn't very big.  It looks big to me - there are two couches in the living room, a recliner chair, two big dog kennels, and a monster dog -- and it doesn't even look crowded.

********************
 
A very irritating bird was outside my window yesterday.  He didn't sing, he didn't chirp, he just had a sharp, shrill whistle.  And he whistled all day long.  I sure hope he doesn't come back today.
 
*************************
 
I brought some gluten free wheat flour, hoping I could make something my sister-in-law can eat while they're here.  I'm not sure how it's going to work.  Sounds like I need to add some chemical to it?  Guess I'll do some research on it today.
 
 
 


2 comments:

Judi said...

I get tired just reading about all those flights of stairs! I am really so over stairs.
When Barrie went through Toston THIS time, did she have any dogs in your truck? I seem to recall that you did when you made the trip. Could be the difference??

Duene said...

Yes, she had two dogs in the back in kennels. I guess the dogs just didn't happen to be out and around.